Subject to the warranty conditions and exclusions set out below MFA products are warranted to be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 12 months service life and if found by MFA to be so defective will be replaced as set out below. If the product is sold by a party other than MFA then it is sold by that seller as principal and the seller has no authority from MFA to give any additional warranty on behalf of MFA.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law, You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Warranty Conditions and Exclusions
1. The product must have been installed by a licensed plumber or suitably qualified person in accordance with the MFA Installation Instructions / Directions, and in accordance with the National Plumbing and Drainage Code AS3500 (the Code) current at the date of installation and all relevant statutory and local requirements in the State or Territory in which the product is installed.
2. Where the product is installed outside the boundaries of a metropolitan area as defined by MFA, the cost of transport insurance and travelling shall be the purchaser’s responsibility.
3. Where the product comprises part of a system, installation of that system must be in accordance with its manufacturer’s recommendations, the Code and all relevant statutory and local State or Territory requirements.
4. The product may be returned to the seller or alternatively mailed to RWC together with detail of the failure at your expense. Should during the warranty period shown above contain a defect as a result of manufacture RWW will replace the valve and pay for expense of shipment of the replaced valve?
5. Where the product is replaced under warranty the replacement product carries a new warranty as detailed herein.
Replacement work will be carried out as set out in the MFA Warranty above, but the following exclusions may cause the warranty to become void, and may incur a service charge including cost of parts where:
1. Damage has been caused by accident, Acts of God, misuse, incorrect installation, incorrect installation of the system of which the product forms a part or attempts to disassemble the product.
2. It is found that there is nothing wrong with the product.
3. The failure of the product is due in part or in whole to faulty manufacture/installation of the system of which the product forms part.
4. The product has failed directly or indirectly as a result of excessive water pressure or temperature outside the Application Guidelines, thermal input or corrosive environment.
5. The product has failed due to foreign matter either from installation or the water supply.
6. The failure of the product is due to scale formation in the waterways of the product.
7. The failure of the product is due in part, or in whole, to installation not in conformance with the requirements of the Code.
8. MFA reserves the right to change its specifications without prior notice and will not accept liability for any claim arising from such change.
9. Subject to any statutory provisions to the contrary, claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, foundations or any
other consequential loss either directly or indirectly due to leakage from the product are also excluded from warranty cover.
© All rights reserved 2019